Thursday, December 20, 2012

Endure to the End

     Before getting my call I remember feeling so ready. I was taking mission prep, studying my scriptures, going to the Temple, and attended all of my meetings on Sunday. What could go wrong? How could I lose the spirit I had at that moment and how was Satan possibly going to get to me? There were moments when I swear I was on such a spiritual high that I thought I was untouchable. How silly of me. Even the strongest prophets and leaders of this Church were and are tempted by Satan. No matter how close to God I become he will never stop working on me. Actually the closer I get to my Savior the harder he will work. I sometimes forget that he is my brother. He knows me and he knows exactly how to get to me. It might not be the same way he gets to you or anyone else, but it works. He starts to creep in and make me doubt myself and the things I know. Never the gospel just myself. 
   The important thing to remember is he may tempt and pull at you, but we can fight back. By studying the scriptures and going to the Temple we are arming ourselves with the Spirit of God. Through that power he can fight Satan and overcome all that he throws at us. Heavenly Father is there he is just a prayer away. He is waiting for us to come to Him so He can help us through our trials. We must endure to the end. Whether on our mission, before our missions, or just in life. We need to stay close to Him and keep on fighting until it's our time to go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment