Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Thing I Love Most

     There is something is this world I love a lot. And when I say a lot I mean more than I love breathing and cupcakes...that's a whole heck of a lot of love. This thing that I'm talking about is not a person, it's not even a giraffe...it's football! Football oh the pure greatness of it. I wish I could explain what it is exactly about the game that makes me love it, but alas I can't. I think it may have to do with watching it with my family or maybe because I'm angry inside and wish I could go around and tackle people. Whatever the reason, I love the game and I love to watch it.
   It is that time in the year that football is winding down. The playoffs are starting and in just a few weeks the super bowl champions will be decided and the season will come to an end. This happens every year so no big deal...except it is! Once this season is over I will miss the next one! I'm just going to miss a season of football! I won't know if Payten gets re-broken or Eli finally decides to man up and get things done. Or if Turbin will ever get to start and so much more!! Sometimes I think Heavenly Father you and the Savior better realize how much I love you because I'm missing my football season. And then I had a deep thought about such things...
  Football. All that I'm really sacrificing is a football season. I don't play I'm just watching. How selfish am I? There are people all over the world giving up so much more than I just to go to church let alone the huge sacrifices they make to go on a mission. They give up scholarships, money, and so much more that I can't even comprehend. I may love football more than life, but I am so lucky and so blessed that it is all that I am missing. I am so blessed to have the family that I do that not only has the means to help me, but is willing to help me afford my mission. I am so blessed to go to a school where it wasn't hard to leave for eighteen months and my scholarship will be intact when I return. I really have so much, so many things that I often take for granted. 
  From now on it is time to stop thinking about the things I will be missing, but think about the things that I have. It's time to notice all the little blessings in life and stop taking them for granted. I challenge you to do the same thing. To stop and think before you go to bed at night about all the little things that make your every day great. (Did you see that? That was like a commitment. Future missionary oh yeah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment