Sunday, December 16, 2012

The End of a Chapter

There comes a time in your lives that you will leave the way of life that you have gotten used to. Whether it is when you move in grade school or graduating high school. The time will come and it will be hard. The happens when you're getting ready for your mission. Twice, actually. The first time is when you leave college. I'm going to be completely honest and say that it was not fun. It sucked to be perfectly honest. It is crazy how quickly you can get attached to someone. I have met some of the BEST people at Utah State and though I no longer go there I will never forget them. 
  As much as I was saddened by leaving Logan I know that because of this gospel I will be able to find those friends for eternity. Even if I don't see some of them again in this life I have eternity to do so. Because of this gospel and the Atonement which made the Plan of Salvation possible I can see them all again. No matter what happens in life or where the world may take us I know that in the end I will be able to find them again. 
     My mom told me once that in order to move on and take on the next adventure in your life you need closure. You need something to sum of that chapter of your life so you can finish the rest of the book that is your life. It is okay to be sad. It's ok to miss everything that you're leaving behind and be sad because you're friends are hours away instead of just minutes. It is alright to wish it wasn't over and to be afraid of change and what is coming next. But the thing is you can't let that ruin the rest of your life. Time is short. You need to cry it out, hit it out, or just do what you do to move on. Life is great. Enjoy it. Live it. Love it. You may be leaving great things behind and yes things probably won't be the same, but they will get better. Missions are great things. You will enjoy that time more than any other in your life. Prepare yourselves for it so you can hit the ground running and make the time that you're there count. You have eternity to be with your friends and to laugh with them. Stay righteous and true to this Church and you will be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment