Sunday, December 16, 2012

Trust in Him

   Have you ever had an experience where you sat back and thought what the heck? I have had many of those in my life. In fact I had one just a few days ago. I was feeling under the weather and was lucky enough to have worthy priesthood holding friends who could give me a blessing. I have had a blessing before many times in fact and for the most part what is said in my blessings tends to be similar. Not exactly the same, but similar. But what was said to me this time were things that I have never heard before or I didn't think that they really applied to my life at the time.
   In my blessing it was said that I need to study the scriptures to find the answers to my problems. Which is a blessing of course! But I honestly couldn't think of any problems that I needed answers for. For the next little bit I was so confused. I didn't have any problems. Over time I forgot about it and it wasn't until today that I understood. Things are going to be a little difficult now that I'm moved home. Not because my family and I don't get along, but because the town and I don't get along. I also don't really enjoy sitting back and watching the way my family is treated. As I was pondering these problems today that part of my blessing came back to me. If I study the scriptures I will find answers to my problems. The Lord knew that I would need this guidance later and that the best time to give it to me was in my blessing. I may not have understood the counsel, but He knew better. He knows what we need even when we don't. It is up to us to trust in Him and His plan. One day everything that happens will make sense to us. And we will thank Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment