Saturday, December 29, 2012

There is Only One You

   Wow. Three posts in one night. What can I say? I'm just feeling super wise tonight. Super wise. Hold on to your hats for this one. It's a going to be good it's even mission related the last few haven't really been, but this one is more relevant I promise! 
   I am in this nifty little group on facebook that is full of nothing but sister missionaries! It's great really. But every once in a while I can't help but think that these fantastic sisters are going to be better at this whole missionary thing. That maybe it isn't something I'm going to be good at and that I'm taking up space that could be filled with a more suited young woman. I'm not exactly the quiet soft spoken kind of girl you typically think of when you think of a righteous girl. I'm not relief society teacher or presidency material. Sometimes I worry that because of my attitude and such I am going to have a harder time connecting to the investigators and even the ward members. 
   I also worry about problems with my future companions. I am not very girly and haven't been known to really get along with girls well. I know that they are going to worry about what they look like, while I'm just going to be missing sweats. I know that they are going to stress about their bodies and hardcore work out. Ha who are we kidding we all know I'm not like that. And I know that they are going to miss their boyfriends and plan their weddings...I'm going to plan my future with giraffes and miss my dog. Because of these differences and other issues I worry that maybe I should change. Maybe as part of my pre missionary changes I should work on who I am so I can get along better...but then I realized something.
    I am me for a reason. There is a quote somewhere (my pinterest board is too big to find it) that says that Heavenly Father has made us who we are for a reason. There is something that we must do. No one else can be us and get done whatever it is that He is preparing us to do. I have had certain experiences and trials in life that others haven't. One day I will need those experiences. For what I don't know, but one day I will find out. Whatever the reason is, whatever it is that I must do I am me for a reason. I may be crazy, way too loud, too forgiving, love sweats and cake too much, VL (ha that one made me laugh), and have a future full of giraffes, but I love it. I am me and I kind of like it. You are you for a reason. You're mission in life and in the Church might not make sense right now, but one day it will. There are people out their in the world waiting for you to come into their lives. You see there is something about you and the way you are that will help them in a way that no one else can. It is up to you to be strong and confident in yourself so when that day comes you can act in the way that He intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment