Friday, November 23, 2012

Live in the Now.

    My cousins are here and are crashing in my bed. So I stole Kyle's bed, which is my old room. I moved out of this bedroom when I was a freshman in highschool...it really seems like yesterday. I've been out of high school for two years. Isn't that crazy? It seems likes only yesterday I was walking through the doors of that school counting down the days until I would be a big bad senior. And when that day finally came I couldn't wait to graduate and leave it all behind me. And now here I am two years later wondering where the time went. Times flies, especially when you're enjoying life. Every year it seems like things go faster and faster. I can't believe that the semester is almost over. Last year it seemed so much longer. To be honest I wish it was. There are so many more adventures to go on, but we have eternity for that.
   My call is supposed to come tomorrow I've known this since last Sunday. I have spent the whole week counting down the days until it will get here. I also have been counting the days I have left at home and the days I have left at school. I think it is just natural for us to do this. You can't down the days you have until an assignment is due or until your favorite show comes on. I think it's just a human thing that everyone does, but why? It doesn't make things come faster or go slower and yet we can't stop. I think though that you need to try. Don't get so excited and caught up in your leaving that you forget to enjoy the way things are now.  A mission is going to be fantastic! But that doesn't mean I need to spend so much time now wishing I was gone that I don't enjoy things. I can still prepare and be excited for a mission without forgetting about the present. It's time to get rid of the countdowns and the paper chains. It's time to live in the moment and be grateful for the way things are today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment