Friday, November 16, 2012

Waiting for the Call

      It's official my papers are in! Had my meeting with the Stake President and everything so it is official. This is the only kind of official that is more legit than being Facebook official. Now all that is left is the waiting...oh the waiting. This just might be the longest two weeks of my life. Just for saying that is going to take longer to get here. Patience is a virtue....
     Anyway I just wanted to chat about my experience with the Stake President  a little bit, cause not gonna lie it was pretty intense. Last Sunday in my meeting with my Bishop he told me that by the end of the whole interview process I should no longer feel nervous, but just excited and most importantly I should feel worthy. I didn't think this advice was that big of a deal. I had never really thought that I wasn't worthy to go on a mission so I didn't understand how I would feel more worthy, but then I had my interview. 
   The interview was really cool. The Stake President was super nice and I didn't feel uncomfortable. He would read a scripture and ask me to bare my testimony about a principal or topic. At first I was nervous and was sure if I could do it on the stop. But once I started talking and let my words be guided by the spirit I could talk about anything and for a long time. The way I felt as I testified of the things that I knew was amazing and not something I can put into words. It was also neat because I could tell that the interview was just for me. The questions he was asking and the things we were discussing were very personalized and I knew that they were things that I need to think about. 
  I will never forget the way I felt after that meeting. I knew with  a surety and a kind of peace that I had never felt before that I was doing the right thing. Not only did I know that I was worthy to go on a mission, but I knew that it was something that I needed to do. The Lord wants me to go on a mission and He has a work that I need to do. And all those nerves and worries that had been tugging at my mind just went away. Even now days after when things start to get a little crazy there is a new kind of peace and strength in me that I have never felt before. It just seems like I can do anything because I know He is there with me. I'm at a place where I am ready and worthy to preach His gospel and I know that nothing can get in my way if I just in Him. 
  I also know that from here on out things are just going to get harder. My friends that are on missions now have told me that the hardest part is after you get your call. They said the temptations just crashes around you. As much as I believe them and as intimidating as that is I know that I can do it. Not alone of course, but through the strength and power of my Savior. In Philippians on page 1462 it says that "I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me." I know now more than ever that, that  statement is true. As long as I keep His commandments and trust in Him everything will be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment