Friday, January 4, 2013

Best Friend

  Ah...that phrase...best friend...I don't like it. If you know me then you know I don't believe in best friends. In my past experience I have seen that they cause problems. Other people think that you can't have other friends, feelings get hurt, and so much more! Typically I try to stay away from that phrase. It's better that way. Plus I am more of a loner type...strong and lone wolf like. And then I realized something in the middle of my leaky faucet of thoughts. 
  There was a time when I was angry. Why was I at USU for one semester and then leaving?! It just seemed like such a waste of time and money...then I figured out some things. There are quite a few things I left USU with this last semester that I didn't have before I started. Things that I think are necessary to my course in life. The things are best friends...I have a few of them. Although there is one that really helps. I didn't realize until recently how much better life is when you have people that you can call anytime and they will drop everything to be there for you. That they will do all they can to help you get through things even if you are miles and miles apart. (Please tell me you got the Highschool musical reference) I didn't know what I was missing before. They make life easier, that stupid phrase. 
  Best friends also push you in a way that other friends don't. They aren't afraid to tell you what's up. They will motivate you to your full potential because when you want to give up they know you have more. How cool is that? How important is that to have in your life? So much more important than I ever realized. 
  They also accept you in a way that others don't. They listen to your little worries that open reflection are quite stupid. They listen to the little things that don't really matter, but make you feel like your whole world is caving in. I encourage you to find some of these. I think more than one is best. They really can help you get through so much. It is okay every once in a while to open a little hole in your wall to let someone in. Even if every once in awhile opening a hole has come back to bite you, one day it will pay off. When it does it is worth it. Because when you find someone or someones you can call best friend life is better....life is easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment