Friday, January 4, 2013

Too Legit to Quit

    Oh man. Prepare yourselves. There is a lot of late night deep thought vomit spinning around in my head. (so much for going to bed at ten thirty) (oh well baby steps, baby steps) (don't judge me for today though I had a good reason for being awake) Wow. Sometimes those little comments in the()  make me really happy. Deep thought of the night number one...I am legit therefore I can not quit...anything. 
  I work with special needs kids and it is awesome! My bosses are also pretty awesome and to help me make more money and help me get ready for my mission they got me extra hours two days a week working at the adult center. So on Wednesday I went to my first day...oh boy. It was very intense and pretty much I didn't want to work there. I just didn't want to do it and was having a this is hard and I hate it moment. As much as I hated it I was torn. I didn't want to work there, but the money would be so nice. So what better way to solve my problem then to pray about it!
  Sometimes I really hate the answer to my prayers. The Lord knows what He is doing and He knows me. He realizes that occasionally I don't like the answers I get so then He explains to me sometimes why it is what it is. Today as I was thinking about my work situation He did just that. He brought a very good point to my attention. Am I really going to quit something just because it's hard? No. Who does that!? Not I. And am I really going to stop because I don't like it. It's work, it's money I am so lucky to find a place that will hire me for two months and go out of their way to get me hours. Why am I complaining? And if I quit this because it's hard isn't that just setting up a pattern for later in life. There are going to be things in life, especially on my mission that are hard. I am not going to want to do some things, but that doesn't mean I should quiet. No. It is time to buck up buttercup! Get the job done. Because the way I am living now and the choices I make are shaping my forever. It's time to start making some that will make my future that much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment