Friday, January 4, 2013

There is this girl I know...

    Deep thought 3 (more just keep coming and I have to share them or I will forget!) (sorry) This one is kind of tender, especially for me. There is this girl I know. She is one of my best friends from high school and she has had it rough these last couple of years. She lost a family member when we were younger and recently made a pretty serious mistake. And even more recently she has had to give up so much to try and make things better for the lives of those around her. She has sacrificed everything she thought she ever wanted in life. It was hard, but she did it. She continues to do it everyday. And after all the sacrifice and work it still isn't quite working and she is loosing more. Her life as she knows it is falling apart around her and there isn't anything she can do. She has given everything and now it is time to simply pick up the pieces and move on. 
  I realize that she hasn't always made the best choices, but you see this girl is my kind of hero. Through all of the trials in her life she hasn't given up. She hasn't even ever thought about it. She just keeps on fighting and trying to do her best to make things right. The thing I think that is so great about her is she hasn't ever lost the Church. She has never let go of what she knows to be the truth. Even those times when her faith wavered she clung to it doing her best to make sure it was still there. She has fought her hardest to make things right with the Lord and making the Temple a goal in her life. Even know that she is closer to Him than ever and things are falling apart all around her she hasn't blamed Him. Getting back to heaven is her number one goal. Things might be hard, but she knows that because of Him she can get through it. Not once has she asked why me. She has truly put her life on hold to make sure those she cares about are happy. She is so strong, it really is amazing to me. If I was in her position I don't know if I could do it. If I could have so much faith and love for my Savior and for others. 
  She is great and good and deserves so much in her life. I know that one day she will get all that she deserves. That she will get through these trials and be rewarded for her diligence. I don't think she knows, but she really is a great example to me. I want to have that kind of faith. Where no matter what gets thrown at me in life or in the mission field I don't doubt. Instead I trust in Him more and grow closer to Him. Bad things are going to happen to us, hard things. But they are to make us grown. If we stay strong and push through it we will be rewarded and blessed for our struggles. Thank for the lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment