Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'll go inside someday.

  I went in the temple yesterday!!! AH!! It was pretty great. Words of advice when you are going through try and be spiritual the whole day. It really helps you be in a better place for when you go in the temple. It really was fantastic.   The experience is going to be different for everyone. For me it wasn't really overwhelmingly spiritual. I felt the spirit but not in the super strong way that some people describe. For me it was more of feeling His love. All of the ordinances in the temple really do come from the love of our Heavenly Father for us. He is providing so many different ways for us to be able to return to live with him, and be with our families for eternity. 
  For me the most fantastic part was the feeling of knowing that because of what was happening that day I can know return to the celestial kingdom. And there really is nothing like looking around and seeing your family and friends all around you. The temple workers are also great. You have a little temple worker who stays right by you the whole time. They're pretty great and so sweet! And sometimes they will disappear for a moment and the whole temple is looking out for you. It's great. You can see just how the church tries to take care of each other. People you don't know and will probably never see again will go out of their way to help you feel comfortable and loved. 
  So there was a slight problem with my wonderful day. I loved it and felt great, but I didn't really feel the spirit in such a wonderful way that some people describe after they've gone through the temple. I was slightly worried about this. I had tried so hard to get for the right spirit and frame of mind for the temple. I couldn't help but feel like I was doing something wrong. Then today in sunday school something was said that helped me a lot. We were talking about the Sacred Grove and he was sharing how when he went he enjoyed it, but didn't feel anything glorious. He went on to say that it was because he had a testimony of the Sacred Grove and Joseph Smith before he ever got to the Sacred Grove. I think that works for me. I have always had a strong testimony of the temple. It is always something that I've had a testimony about and something I knew I needed in my life. The temple has always been a symbol of the church and a place where I could feel closer to the Lord and leave the world behind. Before I went into the temple I had a testimony of the truthfulness and power of it. I knew that no matter what happened inside it was true. It was sacred and that it was the things of the Lord. Even thought I wasn't overcome by the spirit it was a great day. It was truly one of the best days of my life and something I will always remember and hold on too when time gets rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment