Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In Everything we See

   Last thought of deepness for the night. (Honestly I probably have five billion more, but work killed me and I'm sleepy and you probably don't want to know all of them) (so I will spare you...be grateful!) This is a really good one. How do you know? Because I saved the Georgia font for it of course! The best font for the best thoughts! This one is even directly related to the gospel.
    Like I have mentioned before I have been practicing my skills at being able to relate things to the gospel. I have been working pretty hard at this actually because I feel like it will be a very important tool in the mission field. I know that for me personally when I am struggling with learning a new principal it is easier if it is explained to me in a way that I understand. Which is the very purpose for relating the gospel to other things. Normally when I do this I have to consciously work to pick a topic and find a way to relate it to the gospel. But today something great happened! I didn't have to try. When I was doing things today or watching things I found myself find a way to tie it all in with the Church! So great!
   The purpose for this blog isn't to brag about my new found gospel relation skills. It is about what I learned from that. If we are in the right mind set and are doing all we can to be close to the gospel it is so easy to see it everywhere we look. Part of being a missionary is that this gospel becomes everything in our lives. It dominates our conversation and our time and will eventually take over our thoughts. Once this starts to happen you can look at the world and see the Lord's hand in all things. Even if it is something sad you find a way that it relates to the things that we are taught. 
  The key to this activity is mentally and spiritually preparing ourselves for it. It isn't going to come easy to us if we don't practice. I have literally been practicing this since the beginning of the semester and it is just starting to click. But just because it is hard doesn't mean we shouldn't try. Once it all clicks it is worth it. It is amazing to have your random thoughts start to be about the gospel instead of what you're going to eat for dinner and who the cutest boy in your class is. We are old enough and in a place in our lives where it is time for those thoughts to go. When you start to live the gospel, breathe the gospel, and think the gospel the rest of your life starts to fall in to place. You are so much happier and feel a kind of peace that isn't felt any other way. I encourage you to try it. To catch yourself thinking about other things and replace it with a thought about the gospel. Or picking out different topics in the world to relate back to the gospel and one of its principles. I testify that when you start to do that things make sense and life is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment