Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's not all about being a missionary

   Deep thought! It has been awhile since I've had one. Actually that's a lie I'm just normally too busy and too tired to share them with the internet. Lucky for you! I'm sick so I have been doing nothing all day and sleeping way too much! Thus I am wide awake and full of deep thoughts that must be released. 
   I am currently taking temple prep from a couple in my ward and I really enjoy it. At first I wasn't sure it would be that great, but I have learned a lot in that class. I'm getting quite spiritual and junk, which is good I have a mission to go on. But there is one thing in particular I learned at my last temple prep class that really stuck out to me. We were talking and somehow got on the topic of missionary farewells. And my teacher told me something that I'd never heard before. The reason farewells were removed was because the church felt like farewells put too much focus on the mission and not enough on the temple. After all we are going to the temple for the first time and the last time for ourselves. I had never really thought about it this way before. But once he said that it hit me just how great it really is. I'm going to the temple! My whole life I have been taught to get ready for the day when I could enter the temple and make sacred covenants with the Lord. And that day is finally coming. 
  I should be as excited for the temple as I am for my mission. The temple is a beautiful place where life saving ordinances are performed. Without those ordinances there is no way for us to return to our Heavenly Father. Because of that and many other blessings that come from going to the temple it is something that deserves more of our attention. I know I don't always put as much emphasis on it as I should. The temple is amazing. And the day when we can enter it and do the work for ourselves truly is one of the highlights of your life on this earth. Look forward to this day. Prepare for this day and live your life in a way so that you are always worthy to enter the temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment