Thursday, January 24, 2013

Words

    Sometimes we find ourselves saying something to someone without really thinking about it. I know I do. I will just blurt out a random compliment. Afterwards I'm always like what the heck. But after today I really think that is the Spirit working through us to comfort others. We don't ever really know what another person is going through and what they need. But the Spirit does. 
   We really don't know the power of words. The words we say, hear, think. They are what starts things. A feeling, an action. I know that for me today a simple question changed my day for the better. That question let me know that someone cared. They they cared enough to remember to even ask it, to remember that I even told them about it. It truly made me smile and still  makes me happy just thinking about it. It feels good to know that people notice and accept us. I think sometimes I ignore those feelings. I don't reach out and say something to someone because I'm worried they don't want to talk. Really I think they're afraid of the same things. We need to be the brave ones and start it. We need to be sensitive to the Spirit so he can guide us when it comes to who to talk to and what to say. 
  This is the same kind of sweet and tender voice that will talk to us on our missions. It is the voice that will help us find those who are looking for the gospel and it's light in their lives. It's time to practice listening to it now. Time to work on being confident and reaching out others. I know that if she hadn't have asked that I wouldn't have had the day that I had. All that it took was a question to changed my whole day. How many days, lives can you change with a word, a smile? You will never know. But don't let that stop you. Reach out to others look for that opportunity to be the light in someone's darkness. They will be so grateful to you for it, even if you don't ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment