Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Kind of Happiness

   Ah! It is so late, why am I awake? Oh right it was New Years, huzzah 2013!! I should be asleep though...actually I'm even in bed. But you see here's the problem this is when my mind starts to think deeply instead of sleep. Hopefully by releasing my deep thoughts I can sleep. Also here is a warning although this is a deep post I have yet to think of a way to relate it to missionary work...so there is a chance that I won't have thought of a way by the end of it. So...awkward as that is enjoy it. 
   With the passing of the old year and the coming of the new year I have been pondering. Not just because it's a new year, but I have gone through quite a few changes recently. During these pondering sessions I have played many memories in my head. Memories of high school, college, memories with friends and family. In these memories I have realized I am crazy. I participate in crazy activities and I take perfectly normal people and convince them to join my craziness. Or I find other crazies and we make more craziness. Not only am I crazy I'm weird. Really though. I enjoy coloring giant coloring books, collecting fortune cookie fortunes, playing bop-it, building forts, shoving as many grapes as I possibly can in my mouth, blowing up gingerbread houses, and so many more crazily weird activities that you can't even imagine it. 
   As I was reflecting upon these memories and activities I realized something. They are weird and occasionally dangerous, but it all makes me happy. Being weird and doing crazy things that sometimes draw attention to myself in a negative way are things that make me enjoy life. I may not be the proper age appropriate girl that others are. I may stay up to late and sleep too much, but I love every moment of it. The last couple of years I can look back and honestly say I wouldn't change anything. How many people can say that? I know there was a time when I couldn't. But once I started to forget about what people thought and the things I was supposed to do I started to enjoy myself. I started to enjoy life. People may judge me for the things I do, but it doesn't matter. It's my life not theirs. I'm just being happy.
   It may not be the life and the path that I planned, but it's one that I enjoy. Isn't that why we're here? Men are that they may have joy. I think as long as you are living righteously and doing the things you should be the rest of it doesn't matter.  So what if bunnies make me happy? Who cares if I love FFA? You shouldn't care either. Stop worrying about the world and do those things that make you happy. Those not so normal activities that bring a little bit of light to your day. The spur of a moment un-planned acts that make the best memories. Live your life. Enjoy the opportunities that you encounter some of them you won't ever have again. Live a life worth remembering, one without regrets. So that when this time comes next year you can look back and smile. 
  (Here it comes I just thought of a way to tie this whole idea in with the mission themed blog) (Huzzah!) There are going to be people in the world who judge us for our decision to serve missions. Both people in the Church and out of it. And both people before our missions and after. The thing I think these people are missing is that serving the Lord and giving up time in our lives is a happy thing. Sure we may miss out on some things, but nothing that we can't catch up on. This work is a work of joy. We are going to give people a gift and watch it change their lives. We are the happy messengers of a happy gospel. I honestly can't think of anything that would make me happier than being worthy to serve a mission and having the opportunity to do so. Serve with a happy attitude and you will find the kind of happiness only serving others and the gospel will bring. 
     Also I know this is an ad for a car but watch it anyway. It's really good and helps to illustrate just how boring normal is. 
Being Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment